Operation Homefront created this Privacy Statement to demonstrate respect for your privacy preferences and to disclose our information collection and sharing practices.
Regardless of whether you provide us with your personal information via our website or in another manner (e.g. telephone, regular mail or face-to-face), we strive to honor your privacy preferences.
This information was last updated May 2, 2016. Any transactions with our websites and systems after that date are subject to these terms of service.
Our Commitment to Privacy
What Personal Information is Collected on the Web Site?
We do not use our Web site to collect any personally identifiable information about you other than what you provide voluntarily for various purposes. These purposes include registering to receive e-mail newsletters or other materials, requesting further information from us about projects and services, donating to us, submitting a form on our Web site, or simply asking a question. We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. We ask for personal information so that we can fulfill your request and return your message. This information is retained and used in accordance with existing laws, rules, regulations, and other policies. If you choose not to provide any personal information about yourself, we may not be able to fulfill a request you may have, but you are free to browse.
What we do with information we collect.
More specifically, we may use your personal information and non-personal information for the following reasons:
- Enter your information into our databases for internal record keeping, reporting, and data analysis.
- Communicate with you to obtain your input, provide information on our programs and events, or request contributions.
- Improve our programs and services.
- Customize the websites according to your interests.
- Share information with third parties who help us manage our websites and databases.
- Share information with our partners, affiliates, and other third parties who assist us with our activities and programs. These vendors and service providers help us with functions such as fulfilling orders, managing data, processing donations, and marketing.
- Share financial donor postal mailing lists with other non-profits.
- Share information with third parties as required by law, or a part of a legal process, including tax filing.
- Reserve the right to use non-personal information, such as IP addresses, to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to protect the compelling interests of the website, our alumni, donors, customers, or others or to comply with laws, court orders, or law enforcement requests.
To change your mail or email preferences or how your data may be shared with other non-profits, please add a comment on the donation page or call (800) 722-6098.
What Anonymous Information is Collected on this Web Site?
Anonymous information is collected for every visitor to this site. This includes pages viewed, date and time, and browser type. IP numbers are not stored, but are temporarily used to determine domain type and in some cases, geographic region. We do not make any association between this information and a visitor's identity.
We may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law. Operation Homefront makes no warranties or representations of any kind concerning the accuracy, suitability, or safety of the information contained on our site or any linked sites. Operation Homefront makes no warranties or representations of any kind that the services provided by this Web site or the server that hosts the site are free from viruses or other forms of harmful computer code. In no event shall Operation Homefront, its employees, agents or any other person who has been involved in the creation, production or delivery of this web site, be liable for any direct, incidental or consequential damages resulting from the use of this site or any linked site.
Personally identifiable information is stored on our server and is not publicly accessible. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Additionally, sensitive data such as credit card numbers are encrypted using SSL and other industry standard measures, to provide an additional level of security.
If you have registered to receive e-mail communications from us and later change your mind, you may contact us to have your name removed from our distribution lists at the address, email or phone numbers below.
For More Information
1355 Central Parkway S, Suite 100
San Antonio, TX 78232