MISSION: Build strong, stable, and secure military families so they can thrive in the communities that they’ve worked so hard to protect.
Operation Homefront is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to build strong, stable, and secure military families so they can thrive — not simply struggle to get by — in the communities they have worked so hard to protect. For over fifteen years, we have provided programs that offer: RELIEF (through Critical Financial Assistance and transitional housing programs), RESILIENCY (through permanent housing and caregiver support services) and RECURRING FAMILY SUPPORT programs and services throughout the year that help military families overcome the short-term bumps in the road so they don’t become long-term chronic problems. Operation Homefront has consistently earned high ratings from leading charity rating services, including Charity Navigator, which gave OH 4 Stars for 11 consecutive years for superior service and accountability. At Operation Homefront, 92 percent of expenditures goes directly toward delivering programs and services to the military families who need it most.
By connecting the American donor community to our military families through a robust array of valued and life-changing programs that address the specific short-term and Critical Financial Assistance, long-term stability and recurring support needs they experience, Operation Homefront is able to help military families overcome many of the challenges inherent in military life. The result: stronger, more stable, and more secure military families. Our programs include:
SHORT-TERM CRITICAL FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE (RELIEF)
- Critical Financial Assistance* for food, utilities, home repairs, rent/mortgage payments, etc.
- Rent-free transitional housing for wounded service members
LONG-TERM STABILITY (RESILIENCY)
- Mortgage-free homes awarded across the U.S.
RECURRING FAMILY SUPPORT
- Hearts of Valor caregiver support program
- Baby showers to help new military moms welcome the newest member of the family
- Homefront Celebrations to recognize military spouses
- Holiday programs to provide meals and toys
- Backpacks filled with school supplies for military kids
*Critical Financial Assistance is in the form of checks paid directly to mortgage lenders, auto mechanics, contractors, hospitals, doctors, and other providers.